Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Confessions of a Shopaholic

My Name is Anna and I am a shopaholic. (Here is where you would say "Hi Anna!")

Its true. I have become a shopaholic. I simply cannot resist buying unnecessary items when I shop. I know I only have myself to blame, but I'm going to go ahead and drag my roommate, Audrey under the bus to say that the past TWO shopping experiences have been all because of her! (sorry, Audge Podge) But its the truth! Twice she has asked me to just "stop in this store" or "go exchange this dress real quick", and TWICE I have ended up with a ridiculous amount of shopping bags on my arm!

Last week, I literally had to stop and "re-adjust" because the weight of the bags were starting to hurt my arm! Now, mind you, one of the bags was very heavy with my mom's oh so cute Mother's Day gift, but still....did I have a valid reason to have the other shopping bags??? NO!!!!

Now, before you go and get all judgemental on me, I will go ahead and say that I don't go completely overboard. I spend within my means, but I could definitely put that money elsewehere...like into my savings account!

However, to make this blog a little more entertaining, I will share with you some ACTUAL "Shopaholic Excuses" that came out of my very own mouth to "justify" my spendings:

1) The Classic "I will get SO many wears out of this!"
2) "I am going to Puerto Rico in 2 months. This would be perfect for the beach!"
3) "I am buying all of my Puerto Rico stuff now, so I don't spend later!" (Yeah right.)
4) " A girl ALWAYS needs a new bra!"
5) "A girl ALWAYS needs new underwear!"
6) "I feel like I don't have any good summer clothes" (As a bag of Express' new 'summer' line clothes hangs on my arm)
7) "I have this in White....now I NEED it in Blue!"
8) "Why not??!"

And the worst by far:

9) "My car payment got pushed back to the 15th this month, so I have a little extra money to spend before my next paycheck."

I don't know. Maybe I'm just being hard on myself because I am not saving as much as I would like. Or maybe I feel like I could be spending on bigger and better things. Who knows!

But, before you go and judge, think carefully on your response to this. Especially if you have either: a) borrowed one or more pieces of my clothing or jewelry, because if it weren't for these 'spending habits', you wouldn't have the selection of items you have today! or b) had these exact thoughts cross your own mind at some point or another in your life! Think carefully!

Be gentle.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

like mother like daughter....you were trained well.