Tuesday, September 2, 2008

An "Anna Moment"

So, my mom and I were running around yesterday hitting up some of those lovely Labor Day sales (I bought a new mattress! YESSS!). We were driving home, and on the corner of an intersection near our house is a new strip center with a Panda Express as well as a new T-Mobile store. On the kiosk for the strip center, the Panda Express sign is above the T-Mobile sign. But at the bottom of the Panda Express sign, the words "Drive Thru" appear. Mom and I have been loyal T-Mobile customers since it used to be "VoiceStream". That is a pretty long time. So, needless to say, mom likes to tell me where the t-mobile stores are, just in case I need to pop in for an upgrade or something. Here is how the conversation went as we were passing this new strip center:

Mom: "Did you see there is a new t-mobile store there?!"
Me: (Being the "brunette" that I am) "Yeah, I saw that! Aaaand it is a drive through!"
Mom: "What?? No....Anna.....that is for the Panda Express!! Mercy! (Kathi's Favorite exclamation) You can try to cover up that blonde all you want....its NOT going to work! We all know better!"
Me and Mom: Laughing out loud the entire way back to the house!

oooops! Simple mistake. But couldn't you just picture what it would be like if there were actually a "drive-thru" T-mobile store?!

"Uh, yes, I would like a blackberry with a side of car chargers....no...wait...make that a side of headsets....oh and could you please super size that value package?? No....no toy....just some extra minutes please!"

We will go ahead and dub this an "Anna Moment".....more to come, i'm sure!

2 comments:

Kendall Vinson said...

yesssssssss I love it. You need to blog about all of your past "anna moments" or maybe Audge and I can compile all of them and make a blog about them!!...hula balo...whoaaaa whoaaaaa...H E double hockey sticks no!!!...the list goes on and on. Love youuuuuuuuu :)

Mom's Favorite said...

And don't forget, Only Anna would walk into a room where everyone has already noticed an odor coming from the kitchen and ask, "What's that burning noise" ... MERCY! Oh, and that reminds me of a little competitive game of Trivial Pursuit with the family on Christmas Day several years ago. Anna's Question: "In What large body of water is India Located?"
Anna: "...ummm... ummmm... Don't tell me....Wait, I can see it on a map... ummmm...I'm thinking... Oh I remember!..........THE GULF OF MEXICO!!"

And THAT'S what makes me proud to be your momma!