Saturday, September 6, 2008

"Drive-Thru" Ettiquite

So, today on my way to work, I was driving through Chick-fil-A (an at least once a week MUST HAVE) and this STUPID PT Cruiser was in front of me. Mind you, I am ON MY WAY to work, (Not coming home from work like the rest of the world....which is a whole different issue!), so I don't have all the time in the world as this PT Cruiser apparently had! Not only did the stupid lady take FOR-E-VER at the drive through speaker ordering her 2 milk shakes and something that fit in just one bag (I was glaring while her order was being handed to her through the window...so I took notice to what on earth took soooo friggin long for her to order...which was not much!), but she ALSO kept handing what looked like coupons or 'freebie cards' to the cashier at the window! She would hand one, then turn to the side (apparently looking into her purse for more), then hand them another one, then turn to her purse again, handed them ANOTHER one, then turned and I guess finally got some money and handed that to them as well! AAAAHHH!!!!!! Jesus was DEFINITELY testing my patience with this lady, because I was about one 'coupon turn' away from ramming my car into hers! Needless to say, here is what my friends and I will write about in our ettiquite book:

This chapter will be called DRIVE-THRU ETTIQUITE:

When approaching a drive-thru, have what you might think you want in mind. Have your wallet, money, coupons, what-have-you ready to go IN YOUR HAND! Move up in line (don't SIT THERE in your car searching for your cash while other cars move ahead). This way, the people behind you can order and be on their way. When you get your food, take a VERY QUICK glance! Do not SEARCH through the ENTIRE bag to see if you got everything. If that is absolutely necessary, move ahead and pull into a parking space. If something is missing, then get off your lazy bum and go in to fix the order...either way, just KEEP MOVING! People have places to be...if they didn't, then they wouldn't be going through the drive thru! So, if you have all the time in the world, go in and enjoy your 900 calorie fast food! = )

1 comment:

Kendall Vinson said...

Anna this is amazing, very good start to our book of ettiquite. I will now refer to a famous quote from a dear friend....

"I hate people"

that pretty much sums it up. There are alot of life ruiners out there, we just have to take a deep breath and push through. :)